There is no rational explanation for this photo.
We all arrived safely in Mumu land with our friend Lisa Dempster and are having lots of fun. She's in town for the *award winning* Format Festival's academy of words and the zine fair, where we acquired our nice green Mumu.
An amazing find in the bag of free stuff at Format.
Lisa has been staying with us and is now our second ever guest blogger. Take it away Lisa!
Ten things I love about Adelaide
- Format Festival - the reason I came to Adelaide in the first place and one of the reasons I keep returning.
- Amazing and plentiful vegan food - my favourite spot is Bliss Cafe.
- Fantastic people, in particular the clever, creative and welcoming people who are involved with Format. I don't want to generalise about Adelaideans but my experience of people who live here is that they are down to earth, laid back and very friendly.
- Wonderful wide streets and lots of green space near the centre of town, plus the fact that it doesn't have that big city feel.
- Central Markets - so much wonderful fresh produce and so cheap! But my favourite stall is dough... their fruit and walnuts rolls are divine.
- It doesn't feel like a 'car city' the way Melbourne does. Lots of people seem to ride bikes and it's highly accessible for two-wheeled transport.
- Broad availability and cheapness of all kinds of Coopers beer! Also love the fantastic local wine.
- Heaps of free wifi spots - fantastic!
- Free transport in the city.
- Staying at Cassie and John's house! Not sure if Larshy and Nissa love having me but I think the four of them are tops.
"#11 - the mumu"
Yes, I have a lot of love for this city.
The #adelaide tag on my blog will bring up a lot of love for this small city, including my escapades at Format and my experiences of eating here.
Thanks to Cassie and John for having me, in their home and on their blog!